Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back Update!

I went to the doctor yesterday to find out the results of my MRI. He said that my L4, L5 and S1 discs are bulging. There is no space between the S1 disc and the S nerve that goes down my left leg. That is why I’m in so much pain. He showed me the MRI … it was pretty crazy to see how bad the discs look. I took a picture of the screen with my cell phone, which doesn't take very good pictures, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I was really disappointed because I thought they were going to be able to do the treatment yesterday, but I have to wait until Thursday. I’ll get an epidural that should relieve the pain … if not completely then I will have another one in two weeks.

I have to be taken and picked up by someone since I will be heavily sedated. I won’t be out, but I will be “almost out.” He calls it “la la land.”

Please pray with us that I will only need this one treatment. This is quite costly, even with insurance, and I really want this pain to be over soon.

4 comments:

Heather Hammond said...

I cannot imagine! Praying....

Elaine said...

That is awful! I hurt for you..asking the Lord to heal your back!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, Stacy. I have back problems, too, so I really have empathy for you. I've had the epidurals, which helped me, and I just know they will help you. May God bless you in a mighty way!

Phyllis Wilson

Doris said...

Stacy, I had three of the injections in one year. I hope you have better results then I had. One time I didn't have pain the next day but the pain retured, God Bless.I may try again at a later day. Doris