Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip to Pocola, Oklahoma | Friday, March 6

This past weekend, Travis and I went to Pocola, Oklahoma, to celebrate our niece Rachel's birthday, to throw a baby shower for our sister-in-law Becky and to just relax and spend time with family. We didn't get to do much relaxing, but we had a ton of fun doing all the other things! :)

On Friday, we woke to the smell of bacon and Loretta's famous pecan waffles. Oh my goodness, I'd been saving all my points for these waffles. I love them! I wish I had taken a picture for you all to see, but I was too busy eating them. Yummy!

After a quiet morning, we spent the day running errands and getting ready for the parties and the shower ... and, of course, we had time for a mani/pedi. That night we celebrated Rachel's 11th birthday as a family. She got a Karaoke machine, so we spent some of the evening "singing" songs and the rest of the night we watched one of her new movies, Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

I knew you'd want to see my feet!

Rachel as she is about to open her Karaoke machine.


She's getting ready to sing. I don't think she wanted anyone to look at her.


Now she's singing!

And her Mom is singing.

Becky and Chad are singing.


Mom and Dad Burnett are enjoying the singing.

Here's the movie we watched. She loved it!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love your pictures! It looks like she had a fun birthday party! And your toes look fabulous!

Elaine said...

Loved hearing about your trip. That is the cutest toe. :)