Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trip to Pocola, Oklahoma | Saturday, March 7

This was a crazy, but fun day. The whole family got up early and went to breakfast at Scott and Annette's house ... everyone, but me and Travis. We stayed back to get the house ready for the baby shower and to get in a little extra sleep. I'm so glad we stayed home. Travis' Aunt Kathy stopped by the house and was acting very strange. When everyone else got home, we let them know she had come by. Loretta, Kathy's sister and Travis' mom, went next door to their parent's house and found her in the bedroom. She wasn't doing well at all. As it turns out she was having a small stroke. Loretta had to rush her to the hospital about 15 miles away.

While she was taking Kathy to the hospital, the rest of us went to the local bowling alley to celebrate Rachel's birthday (again) with her friends. Travis and I were so glad we had everything ready at the house for the baby shower so Loretta wouldn't worried about all the work that needed to be done. It turned out to be a huge blessing.

My husband has mad bowling skills!

Becky, Chad and Baby Brett.

Becky made these cakes, a bowling ball and a pin, for Rachel. They were so good!

So, we bowled and ate pizza and cake with Rachel and her friends. We had a good time. But, I must say, the most fun (for me anyway) was after the party. I told Rachel to get her friends and meet me in the field by the parking lot. I didn't tell her at the time, but I brought cans of silly string. The three girls had a massive silly string fight out in the empty field. It was so funny to watch. Every time Rachel would spray her silly string, she would close her eyes. I guess you had to be there, but it was so stinkin' funny! And it was so windy. It seemed like whenever Rachel would spray one of her friends that almost all the silly string would fly back on her. Poor thing!

When it was all over, her friends said that it was the best party every! They loved the silly string. Rachel, on the other hand, sulked over to me and Travis and said, "I hated it!" LOL ... it was so Rachel!!!!!!

The look she gave us when it was all over. Priceless!!!!

After the party, we went to pick up the cake and some ice for the baby shower. Loretta ordered the cake from a local grocery store. It was by far one of THE cutest baby shower cakes I've ever seen.


We had a wonderful time at the shower. Becky received some great gifts. One of the best gifts came from Grandpa and Grandma Duncan. Grandpa made a baby cradle with antique wood from 1929. The entire piece is hand planed ... he wanted it to be an authentic antique. It is absolutely amazing! I wish I had a better picture of it.


The day ended at The Lighthouse, a really cool restaurant on the Arkansas River. It was so much fun. They have amazing food, and Travis and I both splurged and had steaks. It was a perfect ending to a crazy/busy day.

The Lighthouse

The ceiling inside.

The decorations inside.

Family picture at The Lighthouse. From left to right: Annette, Elden, Becky, Chad, Loretta, Scott, Grandma Burnett, me and Travis.

The back of the restaurant overlooking the Arkansas River.

The Tulsa Burnetts

The Dallas Burnetts

The end.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I loved reading about your fun weekend! I hope Travis aunt is doing better! I love the silly string story! So fun. I love the baby shower cake! I bet they didn't buy it at Albertsons (like the horrible cake your mom and I got!) And the restaurant looks beautiful! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Elaine said...

I loved learning all the details about your trip. I love that crib and all the thought that went into it. What a cherished gift that will be. The cakes are all adorable!!