Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Sweet Reminder

Yesterday, Katrina, one of my close friends and one of the designers at Gateway, sent out an email to our department. It was a sweet reminder that God cares about the smallest of things. She gave me permission to post it on my blog. I hope it blesses you all as much as it did me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning while I was getting ready I couldn't stop thinking about a friend's Facebook posting from last night that said his 4-year-old little girl prayed and thanked God for STRAWBERRIES! Sometimes when I pray I feel like God will think it’s silly to ask for or thank Him for such minute or meaningless things. It is so easy for me to forget or take for granted all the little things that God has given us to enjoy. I let my "adultness" get in the way of having that childlike appreciation for what God has done for me. But as this kept coming to my mind this morning I couldn't help but thank God for COLORS! In everything I do, one of the things that makes me the most happy is lots and lots of COLOR! It is what I do. It surrounds me. It makes me whole. Red, orange, purple, green, blue and all the shades in between! How wonderful is that!! Can you imagine how depressing and miserable we would be if it weren’t COLOR? THANK YOU GOD FOR COLORS!!!

What seemingly unimportant or minor thing will you thank God for in a major way today?

Have a joy-filled day!

Katrina


3 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for posting what Katrina sent out. I liked it.

Anonymous said...

I love that girl!

Steph said...

Than ks for sharing Katrina's message! I love it!