Wednesday, January 7, 2009

OUCH! | An Update on the Pillar Procedure

This afternoon I had the Pillar Procedure done (see my blog from December 29 for more information on that). The most painful part was getting the anesthesia. They gave me about eight shots to numb my throat and each one really hurt. When the nurse was prepping me, she handed me a tissue. I laughed and asked if it was because she thought I might drool. She said, "Oh, you won't drool." I quickly found out later it was to wipe away the tears. The doctors said that almost everyone cries when they get the anesthesia shots.

He inserted three of the little white woven pillar inserts into the back of my throat. He said that I should be swollen for a few days, but that I should be fine after that. If it keeps hurting then that means the insert went through to the other side (we're praying that didn't happen). After three months, we'll see how I'm doing. If the snoring has stopped, then I'm good to go. If not, then he'll need to insert two more pillars.

When he first finished it was hard to talk and hurt a little. It felt really strange. I am doing OK right now, but am in some pain. It feels a little like having strep throat.

If anyone wants to go to a great doctor for this, I highly recommend Dr. Mullens. He's extremely nice and very thorough. And he charges half the price of the Snoring Center in Dallas.

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for caring about me and for checking on me. I'll let you know in a few days how I'm doing.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

sceery!!!

Anonymous said...

You're sooooo brave!!! I pray this will take care of the snoring so you won't have to go through it again. Love you...
~marjo~

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular model. The prices for the shoes are all over 230 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this locate selling them for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that exact model. The prices as regards the boots are all over 200 dollars on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.