Monday, January 19, 2009

Embarrassing Moment

My friend Rebecca posted a funny blog today (she's such a great writer and always has the funniest stories). It reminded of something that once happened to me, and I thought I'd share it.

One morning last winter, I threw on some old clothes and ran to the grocery store before work. I decided that even though it was cold, I should take my dog Jack with me. (We hadn't had him for very long, and I liked to take him with me when I could.) I got to the store and went inside and did all of my shopping. When I got back to my car, I starting looking for my keys, but I couldn't find them. I looked everywhere. Finally, I realized I'd locked them in the car. I looked in my car and there they were in the middle of the console. Oh, I lost it. I just knew Jack would freeze to death. Crying quickly ensued!

I frantically tried to call Travis. He had gone to work at 6:00 am that day, and he really wasn't allowed to answer his cell phone during office hours. Thankfully he answered. As I began telling him what happened, through sobbing and unintelligible words, I saw little dog paws sticking out of the window. At first my brain didn't comprehend what I was seeing. Within seconds, I realized I had left the windows cracked; enough to get the door unlocked! My sobs instantly turned to laughter ... and embarrassment. The windows had been open the whole time!

Jack Bower - Taken December 2007 - The Month of the "Incident"