Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy Stuff

Lately, I've had some pretty crazy things happen.

#1
A few weeks ago I received a thank you card in the mail. It was addressed to Mrs. Stacy Pack and it had my address, but it didn't have the apartment number. I opened the card and there was a nice note to "me" from some people I do not know in Indiana. They were thanking "me" for helping with a contingency plan. Inside the thank you card was a $25 American Express Giftcard. I tried to call the people that sent the card. I also tried to call every Stacy Pack in the area (I could only find one). No one answered or returned my call. I kept the giftcard.

#2
Monday was my first day back to work after our vacation. On my desk was a package from a bookstore. It was addressed to Stacy Burnett and had the church office address on the front. In it was a book that I've wanted. There wasn't a note or a card with it. I have no idea who sent it to me. The very strange part is that not many people knew I wanted this book. In fact, only my family and George Thomas knew that it was on my Christmas list (as far as I know). I asked everyone I could think of if they sent it to me and as of right now no one has fessed up to ordering it for me. So, now I'm looking forward to reading Deck the Halls by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark.

They say things happen in threes. I am really looking forward to #3.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think God's saying I see you!

Steph said...

What cool blessings!

Elaine said...

WOW! I love the way God blesses in such fun ways!!!

Mary Jo Pierce said...

Random acts of Kindness - wish I could take credit. Instead, I'll take a lesson.