Saturday, November 22, 2008

Anniversary Trip | Day One

Today Travis and I began our 2nd anniversary trip. It's going to be quite an adventure.

We left DFW at 9:30 am and landed in Washington DC at 1:00 pm. We got our car and then started driving towards our first destination, Gettysburg. We got to the museum about 30 minutes before it closed. We spent some time in the gift shop and took a few pictures, but we didn't get to do much more than that. We hadn't eaten all day, so we decided to eat somewhere in Gettysburg. But since Travis wanted to get to the hotel in time to watch the OU/Texas Tech game, we decided to just go somewhere fast and close to the hotel. We ended up at Cracker Barrel (yeah, not so fast). The food wasn't that great, but we were so hungry it didn't matter. We had a fun time.

Now we're at the hotel in Hershey, PA. It's an amazing hotel. We have two rooms: the living room has a fireplace and a flat screen TV. The bedroom is huge with a flat screen TV, and the bathroom is separate. The kitchen is so nice. It's very modern. My design friends at work would LOVE it. It's totally Ikea.

Tomorrow it's Hershey Park and The Chocolate Factory.

For more pictures, check out my Facebook page. I'm having trouble uploading them to the blog.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

What a fun surprise to see your blog!!! I love it and will love following it.

Stacy said...

You found it! I haven't told anyone about it yet. I thought you'd find me when I followed you. I'm glad you did.

Kim Fox said...

Stacey I enjoyed reading your blog ! Sounds like a wonderful trip. I love traveling with my husband esp now that the kids are grown we have so much fun !

Natasha Brown said...

Dude, take some pictures of the kitchen!

Jenn said...

i can NOT, NOT NOT! believe you didn't mention the OU/TT massacre!!!! LOL!!!

Stacy said...

LOL - funny you should mention that ... Travis had one stipulation for this trip: he had to be in front of a TV at 8:00 EST. It didn't matter what else we did all week, that was a non-negotiable! LOL HE LOVED the game!